I started off with a couple of notes from my diary, willing to undress my deepest secrets, thinking you are the only escape left in the world. Wind in my hair and storm in my mind: how I didn't have to be a field of flowers for you. Great stories begin with an even greater adventure; mine was when you smiled at me and I lost control. Maybe, love for me is to be able to like someone that makes you weak. I think I might be in love with your eyes, they speak to me more than you ever did. You kept yourself engulfed in distance, too busy looking for someone to ever notice the way I looked at you. I wanted you as much because the mind directs you, violently & longingly wandering, towards whatever is destroying you. I destroyed a hundred of them too. How everything about you, felt like home and to you I was a foreign language. Hence, I put those letters back in the old drawer for some other time and I wrote this instead.
Monday, July 28
Tuesday, July 1
1. On body: Your body is yours. No one has the right to touch or objectify the skin you live in or in that case, tell you what you should be doing about it.
2. On high school love affairs and heart breaks: Don't worry darling, like fairy tales they are all fake. You'll find a grown up, mature romance but once in your lifetime a fairy tale will flash in too.
3. On sexuality and other morals: Virginity is not something someone else takes from you. Your sexuality is yours. You do not lose anything to another person. Have it, only when you are ready and with who you want to. Don't take sex lightly. And most importantly, enjoy it.
4. On make up and beauty: Ignore the prep talk on being natural. If you like make up, do it right. If you don't, you're still doing it right. Darling, you don't need to look like the girl in the magazine. The girl in the magazine doesn't look like the girl in the magazine.
5. On consensual rape: There is NO SUCH THING as consensual rape. Any sexual act even after denial is assault. Any sexual act of no consent is also rape. If you are super drunk at a party and someone tries to do things to you when you are semi-concious, tell them. Don't be ashamed. Don't be the victim. Tell me everything.