10 Things I Will Preach My Daughter
1. On body: Your body is yours. No one has the right to touch or objectify the skin you live in or in that case, tell you what you should be doing about it.
2. On high school love affairs and heart breaks: Don't worry darling, like fairy tales they are all fake. You'll find a grown up, mature romance but once in your lifetime a fairy tale will flash in too.
3. On sexuality and other morals: Virginity is not something someone else takes from you. Your sexuality is yours. You do not lose anything to another person. Have it, only when you are ready and with who you want to. Don't take sex lightly. And most importantly, enjoy it.
4. On make up and beauty: Ignore the prep talk on being natural. If you like make up, do it right. If you don't, you're still doing it right. Darling, you don't need to look like the girl in the magazine. The girl in the magazine doesn't look like the girl in the magazine.
5. On consensual rape: There is NO SUCH THING as consensual rape. Any sexual act even after denial is assault. Any sexual act of no consent is also rape. If you are super drunk at a party and someone tries to do things to you when you are semi-concious, tell them. Don't be ashamed. Don't be the victim. Tell me everything.
6. On crushes, especially the ones that sing: You will have too many of these. You will often mistake it for love. It's okay to let someone know that you like them, but you will need to be atleast twenty to know who's worth the chase and the ones you'll get bored of.
7. On guys you've slept with: Don't let anyone treat you with respect, any less than you deserve, just because they have seen you naked. You have seen them too. Take the charge, he was lucky enough to get a chance with you. He didn't 'score' you. You wanted it too.
8. On slut shaming: If you are ever addressed with this word, just because you are open about your sexuality, or your 'shorts' are too short according to someone else's definition of modesty, don't give a shit about their opinion. Everyone has one. They'll eventually grow over it.
9. On female friends: You won't have too many of these. If you find one, keep her. She's your soul mate. Guys will come and go. Accept criticism, jealousy and hatred with grace. If you can't accept it, ignore it. Remember you don't have to be a bitch, karma is doing them well for you.
10. On red lipstick: You won't be a whore if you put on some of that. It only portrays that you are bold, open, self righteous and you aren't going to let any dumb opinionated person label you. You do what you want. Just put on some red lipstick, a biker jacket and take a trip to the bar if the road's not smooth enough for your heels.